Friday 23 December 2011

Keep writing

Watched two really fabulous videos today. The first one is a hilarious account of cognitive illusion by Dan Ariely, the James B. Duke Professor of Behavioral Economics (Duke University). I love it when people explain complex processes through simple reference to every day situations, and then crack a few jokes along the way.

The second one is the "keep writing a lot" #1 tip from Amanda Hocking.

She is absolutely right and you cannot believe how much your writing improves through... well... more writing! I am used to academic writing but then again pulling together a novel is a completely different kettle of fish. It's more subtle, dynamic and experiential - a complete opposite to the boredom of the academic ink.

I just edited the first 150 pages, 100 to go so the progress is good and you know what, I actually like it. The hell with like, I love it, I love writing and editing my novel. I really love the story, I love my characters and I'm happy with the outcome. Ah, I look forward to my future writing adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment