Wednesday 26 October 2011

Writing tips

Here we go, I kind of need to say something about that as well, don't you think? After all, I am writing a novel and should at least be aware of some tips and techniques floating in the virtual space (if not beyond). Yes, yes, I did say this already but I am still amazed at the amount of free information available online! First of all, I've got to mention Amanda's advice on removing as many variations of the verb "to be" as possible. That by itself made me much more imaginative with my sentences. You need to get used to a new writing style but overall it actually isn't that difficult.

Reading good books helps as well. Pride and Prejudice is free on Kindle but there is also James Joyce who invented completely new dimensions in language creativity. I know all this because I watched Stephen Fry last night where he in his renowned demeanor painted James's story around language and food for that matter.

But in addition to the above I guess it is worth mentioning a few incredible sites where an eye paying attention to little details can find all sorts of impressively helpful advice. The Daily Writings Tips is one such source and I'm really glad people are so willing to share their experience and ideas. My novel is getting better and better every day just because of such contributions. I totally enjoy writing it and cannot wait every night to sit in front of my laptop and so some proper writing. You'll see, you will like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment