Tuesday 22 November 2011

Ups and downs II.

I should have finished my book by now... Yeah, right, as if things are ever so easy. I studied chaos theory and should know by now long- or even medium-term plans never work out. Actually, I do know this and that's why I am not depressed too much. Hell no, I'm lying to myself! I am depressed but I know I can't turn back time.

My day job managed to turn the past week into a running-around-like-a-headless-chicken kind of time leaving me very little energy to write the remaining few thousand words (even my delicious gluten-free diet couldn't help this time round).

Yeah, I am really close and I can see the whole story nicely folding up within the next 5,000 words. This should be a matter of a week,... yeah, we'll see but whatever the case, I am heading in the right direction and I love how the book is evolving into a piece of work that begs for continuation.

In the mean time, I've got to finish reading a thesis, preparing a presentation for next week's Oil & Gas conference (don't ask...) and most definitely completing the review of a journal paper as the deadline is on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment